Replace 1: Added “How to disable fast charging and fast wireless charging on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge?” part.
After getting your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, you want know find out how to cost Galaxy S7 battery correctly. This Galaxy S7 on-line consumer information explains to you every little thing you want know on find out how to cost Galaxy S7 battery with the intention to take pleasure in your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
Bear in mind Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge have non-removable battery. You can not carry a spare battery for Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.
Though Galaxy S7 is talked about within the web page more often than not, this information additionally applies to charging Galaxy S7 edge battery equally.
4 Other ways to cost Galaxy S7 battery
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 have a battery with bigger capability (3000mAh and 3600mAh respectively) than Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. So, it could take barely longer time to cost Galaxy S7 battery and Galaxy S7 edge.
There are 4 other ways to cost Galaxy S7 battery relying on the charger kind:
- use a regular charger (wall charger like this one or automobile charger and even your PC) with an USB cable.
- use an adaptive charger (quick charger) with an USB cable.
- use a wi-fi charger to cost Galaxy S7 battery with out utilizing any cables (to the telephone).
- use a quick wi-fi charger (e.g., this one).
So, there are at the very least 4 kinds of chargers can be utilized to charger Galaxy S7 battery (and Galaxy S7 edge battery as effectively):
- regular wall charger or automobile charger. For instance, you may nonetheless use Galaxy S5 charger for Galaxy S7. These chargers cost Galaxy S7 at fixed voltage (5v). The utmost present is restricted by the charger and controlled by the telephone relying on battery standing (e.g., temperature, battery capability…). So, the charging time will depend on the present output of the charger and telephone circumstances.
- adaptive charger (quick charger). That is the charger included within the Galaxy S7 field. Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge assist Qualcomm quick cost 2.0 (however not the most recent 3.0). So, along with Samsung’s adaptive charger, different distributors’ quick charger can also work with Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Quick charger can cut back the charging time considerably. When the battery capability is lower than about 60%, larger voltage (9V) might be utilized and the charging energy may be as much as 15W. Chances are you’ll really feel the Galaxy S7 battery is sort of scorching. Don’t be panic as a result of Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have their very own overheating management mechanisms.
- Qi/PMA wi-fi charger. Galaxy S7 and S7 edge assist each Qi and PMA wi-fi charging customary. So, most wi-fi charging pad available in the market ought to work with Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. If you happen to concern about compatibility, you may all the time get a Samsung wi-fi charger for Galaxy S7.
- Quick wi-fi charger. Presently, solely Samsung provides quick charging by means of wi-fi charger. It’s higher to get a Samsung branded quick wi-fi charger
Charging time will depend on each of the charger specs and Galaxy S7 standing.
Usually, the charging time (to completely cost Galaxy S7 battery) from quick to lengthy is: adaptive charger (quick charger), regular wall charger with 2.0A output, quick wi-fi charger, regular wall charger with 1.5A output, wi-fi charger, wall chargers with lower than 1A output.
Methods to cost Galaxy S7 battery with wall charger
To cost Galaxy S7 battery with a wall charger (regular wall charger, or adaptive quick charger), you could observe these steps:
Step 1: Join USB cable to Galaxy S7
Insert USB cable to the micro USB port (multipurpose jack) within the backside of Galaxy S7 or S7 edge as proven under.
Please ensure that the USB cable is inserted tightly.
Step 2: Join the opposite finish of USB cable to the wall charger
Once more, it is very important insert the cable tightly. If the USB cable shouldn’t be absolutely inserted into the charger, the charging may be very gradual.
Step 3: Plug the charger into electrical socket and energy on the charger.
There is no such thing as a requirement on whether or not you employ a socket on the wall or use an extension wire. So long as the voltage is right, the wall charger ought to work.
Step 4: Wait until Galaxy S7 is absolutely charged.
When Galaxy S7 is being charged, the LED will flip purple. Within the lock display, it ought to point out “charging”.
When Galaxy S7 battery is absolutely charged, the LED will flip inexperienced. Within the lock display, it ought to point out “charged”.
Please notice, 100% does NOT imply absolutely charged. 100% is simply an estimation (by the software program). Absolutely charged is a physic state of the battery. You must wait till the LED turns inexperienced. It often take a couple of extra minutes from 100% to “charged”.
You must keep away from to make use of Galaxy S7 closely when it’s being charged. However it’s completely not essential to energy off the telephone to cost Galaxy S7 battery.
Step 5: Disconnect the USB cable from Galaxy S7 and energy off the charger.
Wall chargers usually haven’t any mechanisms/switches to chop off present output. When the battery is absolutely charged, a trickling present have to be maintained. This may increasingly trigger pointless pressure for the battery.
So, if handy, you could contemplate disconnecting the USB cable from Galaxy S7 after it’s absolutely charged.
Methods to cost Galaxy S7 battery with a wi-fi charger and quick wi-fi charger
You can too cost Galaxy S7 battery with a wi-fi charger (or quick wi-fi charger).
Step 1: Energy on wi-fi charger.
Most wi-fi charger embody a charging pad and an influence adapter. You want join the charging pad to the adapter with USB cable.
Then energy on the adapter.
Step 2: Place the middle of Galaxy S7 again on the middle of the wi-fi charger as proven under.
Chances are you’ll check with Galaxy S7 structure to search out out the tough location of the wi-fi charging coil.
Usually, the charging pad will show a coloration to point that charging Galaxy S7 is in progress. In fact, this will depend on particular person model.
Step 3: Wait until Galaxy S7 is absolutely charged.
When Galaxy S7 battery is absolutely charged, the wi-fi charging pad often change coloration, for instance, for Samsung wi-fi charging pad, the blue coloration signifies wi-fi charging is in progress, and inexperienced coloration signifies Galaxy S7 is absolutely charged.
If you’re utilizing a quick wi-fi charger to cost Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, don’t block vents (many small holes) close to the underside of the charging pad.
Step 4: Take away Galaxy S7 from the wi-fi charging pad.
Usually, it’s protected to go away Galaxy S7 on the charging pad as a result of wi-fi charger will reduce off present provide when Galaxy S7 battery is absolutely charged.
On utilizing Galaxy S7 quick charging
You should utilize quick charger (adaptive charger) to cost Galaxy S7 to scale back the charging time.
With the bundled adaptive charger, you may cost Galaxy S7 battery from 0 to 60% inside 30 minutes. So, Galaxy S7 quick charging is a pleasant function for a lot of house owners.
However there are some misunderstanding on Galaxy S7 quick charging and Galaxy S7 edge quick charging.
I hope this record will enable you perceive and use quick charging to cost Galaxy S7 battery correctly:
- Galaxy S7 quick charging requires a quick (adaptive) charger.
- Galaxy S7 quick charging is used solely when battery stage is lower than 60%. If the battery stage reaches above 60%, the charging is comparable to make use of regular wall charger with 2A present output.
- You want insert the cables tightly into Galaxy S7 micro USB port and the adaptive charger.
- You want a top quality USB cable. The wires in some poor high quality USB cables could also be too skinny and result in longer than anticipated charging time. In worse case, such poor high quality cable could trigger fireplace.
- When Galaxy S7 quick charging is energetic, you must see a notification on the telephone.
- When Galaxy S7 quick charging is energetic, Galaxy S7 could really feel uncomfortably scorching. But it surely needs to be protected as Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge have personal mechanisms to stop overheating.
- Galaxy S7 quick charging typically is not going to have an effect on Galaxy Sy7 battery life noticeably. It could solely have marginal affect in your battery life. You shouldn’t fear an excessive amount of on such affect.
- You’ll be able to plug the quick charger into any electrical sockets so long as voltage is right. Quick charger does NOT require a wall socket.
- Charging pace is managed by the telephone primarily based on working circumstances.
- In case your wi-fi charging pad doesn’t embody an energy adapter, you need to use the bundled adaptive quick charger for the wi-fi charging pad.
On utilizing Galaxy S7 quick wi-fi charging
Presently most wi-fi chargers can ship about 1A present to the battery. Quick wi-fi charging means the wi-fi charging pad can ship larger present and subsequently it could possibly cost Galaxy S7 battery quicker. For instance, Samsung’s official quick wi-fi charger (hyperlink) can ship about 1.5A present to Galaxy S7 battery.
This implies there could possibly be as much as 50% enhance in charging pace in comparison with regular wi-fi charging.
Samsung first launched quick wi-fi charging in Galaxy Notice 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+. Now, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge each assist quick wi-fi charging.
Earlier than attempting Galaxy S7 quick wi-fi charging to cost Galaxy S7 battery, you could wish to know:
- There are not any widely-accepted industrial requirements for quick wi-fi charging. If doable, you must attempt to get a Samsung branded quick wi-fi charger.
- Galaxy S7 quick charging requires a quick (adaptive) charger. You can not use regular wall charger for the charging pad, though a standard wall charger with 2A present output could appear highly effective sufficient.
- Some distributors could not embody energy adapter (wall charger) within the field. You want examine the contents fastidiously.
- The facility effectivity of Galaxy S7 quick wi-fi charging shouldn’t be as excessive as utilizing regular wi-fi charging.
- The quick wi-fi charging time for Galaxy S7 battery is near regular wall charger with 1.5-2A present output.
- Quick wi-fi charging pad is generally costlier and bulkier than regular wi-fi charging pad.
- You shouldn’t block the vents close to the underside of quick wi-fi charging pad.
- If you’re utilizing cumbersome case for Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, wi-fi charging and quick wi-fi charging could not work. In some instances, the charging may be very gradual.
Methods to cost Galaxy S7 battery correctly?
Dangerous charging habits could also be dangerous for Galaxy S7 battery.
Chances are you’ll strive these thumb of guidelines whenever you cost Galaxy S7 battery:
- Cost Galaxy S7 battery solely whenever you want to take action. It isn’t essential to prime up Galaxy S7 battery. Some deceptive articles could let you know to prime as much as 75% to develop lifespan of battery. That is mistaken. The wear and tear and tear throughout such top-up process could trigger extra damages. So, you must plan effectively: can the battery final until you may attain the charger once more.
- Don’t drain Galaxy S7 battery fully. This may increasingly trigger damages to each the battery and different parts in your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge.
- As soon as Galaxy S7 is absolutely charged, disconnect Galaxy S7 from the wall charger whether it is handy to take action. Leaving Galaxy S7 on the wall charger in a single day doesn’t make Galaxy S7 battery last more, though there are not any evidences that this will likely trigger injury to the battery. However in most areas, the voltage shouldn’t be secure within the evening and the surges could trigger injury to the charger or Galaxy S7. However don’t overreact: it’s not essential to rise up at 3AM to unplug the charger.
- Don’t disconnect Galaxy S7 from the charger earlier than it’s absolutely charged.
- Your productiveness is way extra necessary than “battery life”. The return on funding (ROI) for Galaxy S7 is principally decided by your utilization (and productiveness enchancment). It isn’t essential to sacrifice your utilization.
- For many Galaxy S7 house owners who cost Galaxy S7 battery lower than as soon as a day, you could contemplate to switch the battery after 18-24 months when you plan to make use of the telephone for 3-4 years. For heavy customers, you could have to switch the battery after 12-18 months.
Anyway, it’s not essential to spend an excessive amount of time to learn some ineffective or mistaken tricks to save battery. Benefit from the telephone!
Must you cost Galaxy S7 battery for 8 hours earlier than utilizing the telephone first time?
No, it’s not essential to cost Galaxy S7 battery for 8 hours earlier than utilizing the telephone.
In some areas, Samsung doesn’t supply 1-1 trade. You must take a look at the telephone on the spot. If you happen to discover any issues after leaving the store, you could have to go to service heart.
The battery in new Galaxy S7 or S7 edge is all the time pre-charged to about 50% so that you can take a look at.
In fact, if you wish to go away the brand new telephone on the charger for 8 hours, it doesn’t hurt both.
Will quick charging and quick wi-fi charging shorten Galaxy S7 battery life?
Quick charging and quick wi-fi charging will cost Galaxy S7 battery with larger energy. This often generates extra warmth.
However quick charging and quick wi-fi charging have been broadly examined. It could solely have marginal, if any, affect on Galaxy S7 battery life.
You want contemplate the advantages you get. Your 1-hour time (even for taking part in a recreation) is extra treasured than 0.00001 hour battery life span.
Can I used my previous charger to cost Galaxy S7 battery?
Technically, you need to use any chargers with 5V voltage and as much as 2.1A present output to cost Galaxy S7 battery.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 additionally use micro USB cable. So, you may readily use most elderly chargers.
However please keep in mind wall chargers additionally age with time. And a few poor high quality charger could not have the ability to produce secure output. It isn’t essential to strive your luck for a $700 telephone with a really previous charger or poor-quality charger.
Methods to disable quick charging and quick wi-fi charging on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge?
For no matter causes, Samsung lets you disable quick charging and quick wi-fi charging on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
Personally, I might not advocate you to disable quick charging or quick wi-fi charging in Galaxy S7 otr S7 edge as a result of quick charging shouldn’t have noticeable injury to Galaxy S7 battery.
Anyway, when you nonetheless suppose Galaxy S7 quick charging, or quick wi-fi charging could hurt the battery, you may disable them in Settings– battery as proven under.
Are you aware find out how to cost Galaxy S7 battery accurately? Do you’ve any questions on utilizing wall charger, quick charger, wi-fi charger and quick wi-fi charger to cost Galaxy S7 battery?
When you have any questions on charging Galaxy S7 battery or utilizing totally different chargers for Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, please go away your questions within the remark field under.
The neighborhood will strive that will help you.
You may get the official Samsung Galaxy S7 consumer guide (consumer information) in your native language right here, and Galaxy S7 edge consumer guide (consumer information) in your native language right here.
For different guides on utilizing Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, please examine Galaxy S7 on-line guide web page.
For detailed Galaxy S7 how-t0 guides, please examine Galaxy S7 how-to guides web page.