Here’s a full information so that you can repair the notification sound not working subject on Discord in your Home windows 11/10 PC. Discord is a VOIP app particularly utilized by players everywhere in the world. It provides a hassle-free expertise more often than not, nevertheless, it has its personal shares of errors and points. A whole lot of customers have found a number of issues in the course of the utilization of the Discord app. Earlier, we lined errors together with Discord Error 1105, Voice Connection errors, Console Log errors, Discord Digicam not working error, and another Discord errors and messages.
Now, some customers have reported being experiencing the problem of notification sound not working subject on Discord. You may not obtain notification sound and this may end up in communication points. A whole lot of customers have skilled this subject on receiving direct messages, whereas some customers have encountered this drawback on tag sound or notification for somebody becoming a member of your channel. In any case, this will get actually bothersome and it comes important to repair this subject. If you’re encountering the identical drawback, you’ve gotten landed on the right web page. Right here, we’re going to present you a number of options to repair the Discord notification sound not working subject in your Home windows PC. So, allow us to get began now.
Earlier than making use of any of the fixes, ensure the sound settings for notifications are turned on for various occasions on Discord. You may go to the Consumer Settings > Notifications and verify if the Sound is enabled for Messages, Deafer, Undefeane, Consumer Be a part of, consumer Depart, and different occasions.
If the sound settings are good and you’re nonetheless not receiving the notification sounds, go forward with the fixes we’ve got talked about right here.
Why are my Discord notification sounds not working?
There may be a number of causes for this subject on Discord. People can expertise this drawback for various causes. After analyzing consumer experiences and studies, listed below are some doable causes for this error to happen:
- One of many widespread causes for this drawback is unsuitable settings. You might need chosen an incorrect output system and thus, you aren’t receiving the notification sound. If the state of affairs matches you, you’ll be able to arrange the right output system for sound notifications.
- In case the Streamer Mode is turned on, you would possibly expertise this subject. You may attempt disabling this mode or toggle the choice to counter the problem.
- In the event you haven’t up to date the Discord app or Home windows replace to the newest model, you would possibly encounter this subject.
Now that you understand the situations triggering this subject, allow us to discover out the options to repair it up.
Repair Discord Notification Sound not engaged on PC
Listed below are the strategies to repair the Discord notification sound not working subject on Home windows 11/10 PC:
- Set the right Output Machine.
- Disable Streamer Mode.
- Toggle the Streamer Mode.
- Change Server Notification Settings.
- Replace the Discord app and Home windows.
Allow us to talk about the above strategies intimately now!
1] Set the right Output Machine
There is likely to be notification sound points as a result of output system. In the event you don’t get a notification sound in most settings on Discord, you may not have chosen the right output system. So, in that case, simply change your output system or ensure the right output system is chosen. To do this, we’re sharing the precise process; merely comply with the steps:
- First, launch the Discord app in your PC.
- Now, faucet on the Consumer Settings icon (gear image) that you just see on the backside left of the primary display.
- From the settings menu, press on the Voice & Video possibility.
- Subsequent, below the Output Machine part, set the right output system to obtain notifications’ sound. Simply click on on the drop-down possibility and choose the appropriate output audio system.
- Lastly, click on on the cross (X) button to exit the Consumer Settings display.
Examine if the notification sound subject is fastened now!
Learn: Easy methods to repair Discord Invite Invalid error
2] Disable Streamer Mode
Discord gives a Streamer Mode operate which is principally designed for streamers. Customers can use it whereas streaming. What this operate does is cover streamers’ private particulars and has varied associated choices together with disable notifications, disable sound, cover invite hyperlinks, and many others. So, utilizing Streamer Mode may end up in disabling notification sound. If this state of affairs applies to you, flip off the Streamer Mode in your Discord account after which see if the problem is fastened or not.
You may not have manually turned on the Streamer Mode. Nonetheless, Discord can robotically detect in case you are operating OBS or Xsplit in your PC after which allow Streamer Mode robotically for you. In that case, you’ll be able to flip it off again manually. Listed below are the steps to disable the Streamer Mode in Discord:
- First, open the Discord app after which click on on the Consumer Settings button current on the backside left of your display.
- Then, below the App Settings choices, you will notice a Streamer Mode possibility; faucet on it.
- Subsequent, verify if the Allow Streamer Mode possibility is enabled or disabled; whether it is enabled, toggle the choice off.
- After that, click on the cross button to exit the consumer settings.
- Now, verify whether or not the notification sound is working now.
See: Failed to attach your YouTube account to Discord in Home windows
3] Toggle the Streamer Mode
This one is just not actually an answer, however sort of labored for some customers. So, if technique (2) didn’t give you the results you want, you’ll be able to do this technique as a trick to repair the notification sound subject. Many customers have been in a position to repair this subject by enabling the Streamer Mode after which disabling it. So, toggle the Streamer Mode on after which off and verify if the problem is fastened or not. You may comply with the steps beneath.
- Firstly, begin the Discord app and go to the Streamer Mode possibility as we did in technique (2).
- Now, allow the Toggle the Streamer Mode possibility.
- Subsequent, click on on the cross button to use and exit the settings.
- Once more, go to the Streamer Mode possibility as step (1).
- Then, disable the Allow Streamer Mode possibility.
- Lastly, click on on the cross button to return to the primary display.
Hopefully, now you’ll get notification sound on Discord. If this doesn’t work, you’ll be able to attempt the beneath steps:
- First, go to the Streamer Mode utilizing the above steps.
- Now, disable the Routinely Allow/Disable possibility.
- Subsequent, allow the Allow Streamer Mode possibility.
- Then, shut the settings window.
- Once more, click on on the Streamer Mode possibility from Consumer Settings.
- And, disable the Allow Streamer Mode possibility.
- Lastly, exit to the primary display and see if the issue is resolved.
If this technique doesn’t work, you’ll be able to attempt the following repair.
Associated: Repair You’re being charge restricted Discord error on Home windows PC
4] Change Server Notification Settings
The issue is likely to be brought on on account of your server settings. Make sure that your default settings for server notifications settings are set to obtain sound for all messages and never simply when somebody mentions you. This can make sure that you obtain notification sounds on all messages. So, to resolve the issue, you’ll have to change server notification settings to eliminate this subject.
To switch your Server Notification Settings, listed below are the steps it’s good to comply with:
- First, launch your Discord app.
- Now, you will notice server icons on the left panel, right-click on the server you’re going through the issue with. Be aware that you’ll have to repeat your entire course of in case you are experiencing this subject with a number of servers.
- Then, from a number of choices, click on on the Notification Settings possibility.
- From the Notification Settings dialog, set the Server Notification Setting to All Messages.
- Lastly, press the Accomplished button to use new settings.
Equally, you’ll be able to change Server Notification Settings for all added servers in your account.
This technique ought to repair the problem for you in case your server notification settings have been at fault.
5] Replace the Discord app and Home windows
If you’re not utilizing the newest Discord app or Home windows model, you will need to take into account updating each. There is likely to be some bug within the present model and that is likely to be triggering the notification sound subject. Moreover, set up the obtainable updates in your Home windows additionally. If different strategies fail, this appears to be the final resort.
To replace Home windows, merely open up the Settings app utilizing Home windows + I hotkey after which click on on the Updates & Safety possibility. Then, faucet on the Examine for updates button after which obtain and set up the replace utilizing the onscreen directions.
Now, for updating the Discord app, you’ll be able to attempt the beneath steps:
- Launch the Discord app.
- Maximize the Discord window and hold the concentrate on it.
- Hit the Ctrl+R key mixture which can mainly refresh and reload the interface.
- In case there are updates obtainable, Discord will robotically detect and obtain them.
- Restart the Discord app and it’ll set up the updates.
After putting in the updates on Discord, see in the event you begin getting notification sounds on Discord.
How do I repair Discord Notifications not working?
If the notifications on Discord usually are not working completely, it’s good to verify whether or not the unsuitable setting is utilized. You may allow Discord app notifications in your Home windows PC if the notifications are disabled mistakenly. Additionally, attempt enabling the notifications from the Discord app itself. If that doesn’t work, disable Quiet Hour on Home windows.
That’s it, hope this helps!
How To Repair Discord Notification Sound Not Working